As Senior Director of Graduate Advising and Engagement for the Humanities, I help Ph.D. students in the humanities at the University of Pittsburgh flourish during graduate school and move confidently into meaningful professional roles afterwards.
As someone who has held many roles inside and outside of academia (including faculty positions on and off the tenure track), I am available as a resource to support your unique journey.
- Professional Development Map for All Careers
- Identifying university resources that link to your specific intellectual interests and range of career aspirations
- Integrating co- and extra-curricular experiences into coursework, portfolios, pedagogical training, and dissertation research
- Setting professional development goals
- Forging and maintaining strong mentoring networks
- Applying for grants for both research funding as well as career preparation purposes
- Preparing for interviews and job searches in all sectors
Consultations are completely confidential and focused on your needs and goals, and we can arrange conversations through phone or Zoom. I look forward to helping you navigate the integration of the many facets of academic life into a coherent and fulfilling academic and career plan!