Humanities Engage is committed to reimagining doctoral training to prepare tomorrow’s versatile humanists. Curricular reform grounded in broad faculty and student support is a challenging yet essential element of any effort to re-imagine doctoral training. We have provided resources below to explore curricular changes, innovative doctoral training at U.S. universities and through professional associations, and more.
- Curricular Reform Resources (assignments, graduate seminars, Humanities Lab)
- Helping Students Explore and Prepare for Diverse Careers
- Innovative Dissertations: Humanities and Humanistic Social Sciences, 1999–2021 and Next-Generation Dissertations: New Approaches to Humanities Scholarship (Syracuse University): examples, planning, evaluation, resources, and more.
- Innovative Scholarship Resources at Pitt
- Innovative US Doctoral Programs
Be sure to also check out the following Humanities Engage resources:
- Funding opportunities for humanities graduate faculty and humanities Ph.D. programs.
- Our blog highlighting the exciting things faculty and graduate students are doing.
- Pitt Humanists in the World on Pitt Commons, a community supporting the professional and career development of current students and alums associated with Pitt’s Humanities graduate programs.
We welcome you reaching out to us for other resources or with suggestions on how we can best support you and your PhD program.